If you’ve been using MacOS or iOS devices for a while now, you probably remember how inconvenient the Notes app used to be. For a long time, this application lacked functionality, so many used it only to create shopping lists. However, it evolved over time, and we have to admit that it has gone a long way to become an indispensable productivity tool.
If you still haven’t discovered the potential of this app, our tricks will help you in this matter.The five tips provided below will forever change the way you used notes on Mac and iOS
Import Multiple Ever note Files To Mac’s Notes
You can import all the files in one simple action. It is effortless. Go to Notes app > File > Import to Notes, and that’s all you need to do or, at least, it seems so. However, before you can import your files from Ever note, you also need to adjust the format of your notes. For this, open the app, click the File tab and tap on the Export note.
- Open Notes Faster
If you are still unlocking your iPad and open the Notes app manually, it is the time to make things a bit easier! For quick access, use your Apple Pencil and tap it anywhere on the lock screen of your iPad. This will automatically launch the Notes, and it is very convenient.
Besides, you can adjust the app’s settings for more convenience. By default, it creates a new note each time you open the app. However, you can make it reopen a recently created note. This way,you will always have an important file within a short reach.
- Shortcuts For Your Notes (iOS)
It is great if you can reopen the note you’ve recently written with a single tap of your Apple Pencil, but what if you need to come back other notes you have? In this case, you can create shortcuts for the most important ones. After you do this, you will have an icon that will take you right to the needed note.
Creating such shortcuts requires some setting up. Here are the steps you will need to make:
- Pick the needed note or create anew one.
- Click the Collaborate button in the top right corner of your screen.
- Click the Copy Link button if you can see it. If you didn’t find the needed button, tap on “Choose how you’d like to send your invitation,” swipe the menu of apps until you find Copy Link (it is often the last option) and tap on it. You will see a form that looks like if you would create a new email, ignore it and click Copy Link at the top right corner. The form will disappear, and the link will be added to your clipboard.
- Check if the link works using Safari.
- Now you can create a new note with that contains all the links. This should work well on both Mac and iOS devices.
This option may not be too fast. However, it will come in handy if you have too many notes and finding the right one takes much time.
There is also one more option. Here are the steps you need for it:
- Copy the link the same way as described above.
- Open Launch Center Pro, go to Settings and create a new action.
- Paste the link to your note, name this action and pick an icon.
This way, you will have a button in Launch Center Pro that will take you to the needed note.However, for more convenience, we recommend you go one step further:
- Go back to the app, click on the Gear icon and go to Today Widget.
- Turn the action you’ve created into a widget.
This way you will be able to access selected notes from the widget menu on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scan Anything
If you want to scan a document and turn it into a note on your iPhone or iPad, follow these steps:
- Create anew note.
- Find an image of a plus sign inside a circle at the bottom of the screen. Tap on it and choose Scan A Document.
- Use your camera to create a copy of the document and click save when you are done.
- Tables In Notes
Although it could be a quite handy feature for your notes, we don’t recommend using Tables. Once your table grows bigger, it takes too much time to load the note and the app starts failing too often.
We hope these tips were helpful. For even more productive work with your Mac, check out also how to get task manager on mac.