Jailbreaking is an interesting concept and as soon as Apple introduces a new version of iOS, a whole lot of people rush looking for its working jailbreak. Why is that so?
Well, generally iPads as well as any other device running iOS only allow you to download apps which are Apple-approved through Apple’s official App Store. Jailbreaking, on the other hand, allows you to liberate your iOS device from such limitations and let you add some more features and applications that are leading the ranks outside Apple’s App Store. These include the apps that Apple rejected in the first place for one reason or another. Fret not, most of them are safe and Apple has its own reasons for rejection. So, if you are concerned about security of your device when considering jailbreak options, that’s not an issue actually.
So, let’s find out why you should jailbreak iPad Mini and why you should not.
Why You Should Go For the Jailbreak?
Here are a few reasons as to why jailbreaking your iPad Mini can be a good thing.
- Access to apps that are not available on App Store. Obviously, that’s the primary reason for considering jailbreaks for many. Apple has its own strict guidelines when it comes to allowing and disallowing apps to make it to App Store. Usually, apps that replicate some of the default features of the iOS or access some features of your device fail to make it to the App Store.
- Greater customization options. The third-party applications which are denied access to App Store usually have to offer quite a few tools that allow you to customize the iPad experience to your liking. Customizations may include various skins, sounds, or even customize home button for shutting down all the running apps altogether.
- Greater accessibility is on offer. As jailbreaking allows you to access to different parts of your device which are normally restricted by Apple, users can have better control on their device. This means, there will be better access available to file system and other areas of the device that allow third party apps that you will install to offer an even better experience.
Why You Should Avoid Jailbreak?
- Despite all the benefits and liberty offered by jailbreaks, there may be some reasons as to why you’d want to avoid it in the first place. Let’s find out why.
- First of all, it can get quite technical. And, for instance, if you have to jailbreak iOS 9.2.1, you’ll first have to determine exactly how to jailbreak ios 9.2.1 with computer. So, if you are not familiar with the idea, you should better keep the option off the table.
- Secondly, your device gets wide open. Your device becomes more vulnerable to malware attacks and even though most jailbroken iPads run perfectly, there is still some risk involved. This means that you should only install apps after proper research to avoid getting affected from any malicious software or activity. Otherwise, you can simply try to avoid jailbreaking your iPad Mini.
- Lastly, updates can become a hassle. Jailbroken iPads can’t be updated without getting the jailbreak erased. So, that means you will have to jailbreak your iPad Mini again after updating your iOS. Besides, you will have to download all those third-party apps all over again.
So, when deciding on whether you should jailbreak iPad Mini or not, it is better to first evaluate whether it is worth jailbreaking or not. Just consider all the reasons given above both in favor of and against jailbreaking as this will help you to make the right decision.