If you own a property or run a resort, if there is a pond in the property, it becomes mandatory to maintain its look and quality. By installing a good quality pond fountain, you not only make it more appealing but also keeps the water fresh and free from pollution.
Why you need a Fountain?
If you live in an area where there are prolonged months of warm weather, the stagnant water in a pond becomes a breeding ground for insects and other harmful elements. No one likes to set near a pond that is covered with green algae and emits a foul smell. However, by installing a pump will keep the water fresh as it moves the water both below and above the surface. The more aeration water body receives, the fewer the chances of pollution there.
Now, you must be thinking about how to select the right pump fountain for your pond? Fortunately for you, we have created a list of essential points that you must consider if you want to buy the best quality of the fountain pump.
1) Size of the floating fountain
The main thing to remember while purchasing a pump is the pattern and height of the water spray. Make sure that the spray should be not more than half the size of the pond. If the spray is too high and wide, the water will go outside the pond, which may lead to the pond emptying itself.
The height and shape of the water pattern decide the size and the model of the motor used in the pump.
2) Position of the fountain
It is important for you to choose the position of the pump correctly. Calculate the length of the power cord that is used to power the pump. Also, make sure you consider the depth of the pond as well because the power cord should drop down to the bottom and come up the slope to the power outlet. If you find it difficult, you can always call a specialist to install it for you.
A floating fountain adds more dissolved and fresh oxygen throughout the water, which prevents harmful elements and mosquitos from breeding. These fountains are not only visually pleasing but also improve the overall aquatic ecosystem. These fountains are great for shallow symmetrical shaped ponds as well.
When you Buy Floating Pond Fountain for your pond, you are not only making it more attractive but also gaining several other benefits.
Here is the list of benefits you get when you install a pond fountain:
- Improves the quality of water: Due to oxygen deficiency, bottom sediments of the pond releases noxious gases that can cause water quality problems.By using a proper aeration system, fresh and dissolved oxygen is continuously mixed in the water body that converts phosphorus. This converted phosphorus is not usable by algae for food. Proper aeration also denies sunlight to the algae that help in restricting their growth.
- Removes odors: When water is left stagnant for a long period, it starts emitting foul smell. This smell is created by the high amount of hydrogen sulfide gas present in stagnant water. When the bottom sediments of the water mix with fresh oxygen, the odor-causing elements are eliminated, which makes the pond water fresh again.
- Improves the aquatic habitat: Stratification occurs when there is a change in the water temperature. This change is caused by the different layers formed in the water at different depths. This thermal stratification leads to oxygen depletion, which causes an overall decline in the aquatic ecosystem. This also leads to the death of many aquatic organisms. When a proper aeration system is installed, it disrupts the thermal stratification that helps in creating a healthier habit for aquatic organisms.
- Prevents the growth of mosquitos: When is left stagnant for a prolonged period, it becomes the breeding ground for mosquitos. Pond fountain creates a constant flow in the water that prevents mosquitos from breeding. This method also acts as the natural mosquito control system.
- Helps reduce the accumulation of bottom sediment: Under low oxygen level, the organic matter decomposes slowly, which results in the buildup of bottom sediments. As aeration system provides a continuous supply of dissolved oxygen that reduces the accumulation. This also prevents the need for future dredging.
A proper pond fountain not only improves the overall look of a pond but it offers several benefits. It helps reduce water pollution, eliminates odor-causing elements, stops mosquitos from breeding, and improves the aquatic habitat as well. So, it is important for you to choose the right fountain pump for your pond. So, next time when you decide to buy a new pump for your fountain, use the above-mentioned points to find the best pump for your pond.