We all have grown up watching cartoons in our childhood. Growing up, the Loony Toons, Scooby doo and gang and Tom and Jerry were our best friends. We were all mesmerised by the innocence of Simba and Mowgli in ‘The Lion King’ and ‘Jungle Book.’ In the present age, companies like Walt Disney and Pixar produce quality animated films that provide wholesome entertainment for the entire family.
These animated pictures and cartoons are the results of hard work of hundreds of animation artists. Owing to a growing popularity of animated films, the animation industry has reached a net value of more than 250 billion dollars globally. The industry employs thousands of animation artists, programmers and technicians across the world.
If you want an artistic career for yourself and are considering becoming a part of this multi-million dollar industry, this blog can be a helpful guide. It provides useful suggestions that can help you start a career.
Tips to start your career in graphic designing
There is no shortcut for becoming a successful animation artist. The job requires many industry specific skills that can be developed with time, hard work and patience. One of the feasible ways to enter the industry is pursuing an animation course. You can study HNC computer game animation course or any other industry specific course.
Apart from pursuing a course, here are some to make your journey to become a successful animation artist easy.
- Acquire necessary software skills: Animation involves utilization of several advanced software and technological tools such as Adobe Photoshop. Hence you should ensure you are well-versed with these software so that your work life can be easier and stress free.
- Obtain some freelance experience: The best way to pick up a skill is by practice. Picking up freelance projects can help you become an expert in the subject and offer you a first-hand experience of client interaction.
- Work on as many animation projects as you can: Your animation resume can be made impressive with the help of a voluminous portfolio. A great way of developing your portfolio is to work on as many projects as you can. Your first clients can be your friends or family. An impressive portfolio can also add to a loyal customer base through word-of-mouth.
- Get an internship within the industry: If you have just finished a animation course, securing an internship is a good way to apply your theoretical knowledge in real life. An internship can also provide you a first-hand experience of the practical skills needed for the job.
- Create your own website: An impressive range of completed projects on your own website can help you in many ways. It can secure you gigs from reputed clients. It can also showcase your work experience to prospective employers.
In addition to these suggestions, it is also important to keep track of the work of other animators and keep in touch with previous clients to maintain a good working relationship with them.
A career in animation can be the stepping stone to establishing yourself in the creative world of digital media. The profession can also act as a platform for your passion to flow through your work. With the internet becoming an accessible place for a wealth of knowledge and technology, a career in animation is easier to achieve than ever. Join an animation course today to create iconic characters that tomorrow’s generation can grow up with.